Flavell Lab Members
Extensive Research Description
My current reseach involves characterization of mice that support human cells and tissues. These mice have been generated in the Flavell lab to have transgenic expression of human genes used to support correct expression and differentiation mostly of cells of the immune system when transplanted into these model mice.
- Rathinam C, Poueymirou WT, Rojas J, Murphy AJ, Valenzuela DM, Yancopoulos GD, Rongvaux A, Eynon EE, Manz MG, and Flavell RA. 2011. Efficient differentiation and function of human macrophages in humanized CSF-1 mice. Blood 118:3119-3128 PMID: 21791433
- Strowig T, Rongvaux A, Rathinam C, Takizawa H, Borsotti C, Philbrick W, Eynon, EE, Manz MG, and Flavell RA. 2011. Transgenic expression of human signal regulatory protein alpha in Rag2 -/- gc -/- mice improves engraftment of human hematopoietic cells in humanized mice. PNAS 108:13218-13223 PMID: 21788509
- Tim Willinger, Anthony Rongvaux, Hitoshi Takizawa, George D. Yancopoulos, David M. Valenzuela, Andrew J. Murphy, Wojtek Auerbach, Elizabeth E. Eynon, Sean Stevens, Markus G. Manz, and Richard A. Flavell 2011 Human IL-3/GM-CSF knock-in mice support human alveolar macrophage development and human immune responses in the lung PNAS 2011 108 (6) 2390-2395 PMID: 21262803
- Anthony Rongvaux, Tim Willinger, Hitoshi Takizawa, Chozhavendan Rathinam, Wojtek Auerbach, Andrew J. Murphy, David M. Valenzuela, George D. Yancopoulos, Elizabeth E. Eynon, Sean Stevens, Markus G. Manz, and Richard A. Flavell 2011. Human thrombopoietin knockin mice efficiently support human hematopoiesis in vivo PNAS 2011 108 (6) 2378-2383 PMID: 21262827
- Hawiger D, Wan YY, Eynon, EE, and Flavell RA. 2010 The transcription cofactor Hopx os required for regulatory T cell function in dendritic cell-mediated peripheral T cell unresponsiveness. Nat Immunol Oct;11 (10): 962-8 PMID:20802482